April 22, 2016
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Charleston, South Carolina
The Citadel Directors’ Institute is designed exclusively for directors, C-level executives and those aspiring to be directors to engage in an active dialogue focused on current and emerging issues, strategic planning, risk and board governance. Each year, we strive to bring you current with forthcoming issues and the new challenges that company directors and executives face navigating the changing regulatory, investor and business environments.
Topics for CDI 2016 include:
- The Continuing Impact of the New Accounting Standards & Regulations on Public Companies
- Unique Issues for Boards in Healthcare Organizations (for-Profit & non-Profit)
- The Best Practices to Ensure Your Regional or Community Bank Board has the Right Mix of Skills and Experience to Meet its Obligations
- Recent Developments for Directors and their Advisors in Breaches of Fiduciary Duty Concerning M & A scenarios
- Ongoing Developments in Diversity Concerns Regarding Succession Planning for the Board
- Creating Value in Your Company
- The Board’s Critical Role in the Oversight of Business Strategy
- How can the Board Best Achieve Effective Engagement with Activist Shareholders
- Latest Developments in the Board’s Role Concerning Cyber Security Threats
- How to Evaluate Whether Transition into a Public Company Structure Meets Your Company’s Requirements
Confirmed faculty for CDI 2016 include:
- Myron Steele
Partner, Potter Anderson Corroon LLP & former Chief Justice, The Delaware Supreme Court
- John Olson
Senior Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher; former Chair of the ABA Business Law Section’s Corporate Governance Committee
- Donna Dabney
Executive Director, The Governance Center, The Conference Board
- Simon Lorne
Vice Chairman & Chief Legal Officer, Millennium Partners LP; former Chief Counsel, SEC
- Ana Dutra
President & CEO, The Executive Club of Chicago
Space is limited to 75 participants.
If you are interested in receiving more information on CDI 2016 when details become available, please email Kim Black, Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.